ASSEMBLYMEMBER CHRIS HOLDEN’S 2017 BILL LIST
AB 17 – Public Transportation for Students
- Establishes the Transit Pass Program to provide free or reduced cost transit passes for low-income K-12 and college students (In Senate Transportation and Housing Committee).
AB 56 – Affordable Housing
- Clarifies projects that support housing infrastructure can receive loans from the Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (In Senate Appropriations Committee).
AB 61 – Worker’s Compensation
- Requires one seat of the State Compensation Insurance Fund to have small business ownership experience (On Senate Floor).
AB 279 – Developmental Disabilities Service Provider Reimbursement Rates
- Extends authority to the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and Regional Centers to adjust the rates of providers to comply with legally binding local mandates and minimum wage levels across the state. (In Senate Appropriations).
AB 287 – State Route 710
- Finds a solution to the State Route 710 extension corridor between the I-10 and I-210 freeways and prohibits the construction of a freeway tunnel (Two-year bill).
AB 542 – Route 66 Commemoration
- Commemorates 100th Anniversary of Route 66 (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 586 – Teacher Tax Credit
- Allows newly-credentialed teachers a tax deduction for professional development expenses to help address California’s teacher shortage (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 620 – Trauma Informed Parole Therapy
- Provides access to trauma focused therapy to youth offenders upon entry to prison and to inmates approaching their parole hearing date (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 726 – Energy Rates Alert Program
- Requires power companies to provide an opt-out alert program to electricity and gas customers when their usage comes close to crossing into a higher priced tier or crosses a pre-set bill amount (In Senate Energy, Utilities and Communications Committee).
AB 959 – Regional Center Vendors
- Educates parents with special needs children about their rights (In Senate Human Services Committee).
AB 1020 – Student Loan Education
- Requires student loan lenders to better educate potential clients of the realities of their loan prior to acceptance (Two-year bill).
AB 1180 – Storm Water Treatment Funding
- Establishes a storm water compliance fund and increases the California Tire Fee to raise revenue for water treatment (In Senate Rules Committee).
AB 1239 –Electric Vehicles and Housing
- Updates building standards to include electric vehicle charging infrastructure for new multi-dwelling housing (In Senate Transportation and Housing Committee).
AB 1413 –Decal for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Creates an optional decal, depicting the international symbol of access for hearing loss, on the registration card of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 1567 – Foster Youth in Higher Education
- Streamlines foster youth enrollment into educational assistance programs in California Community Colleges and a California State Universities (In Human Services & Education Committee).
AB 378 – Cap and Trade Extension (Joint Author)
- Authorizes the state board to extend California’s Cap and Trade Program beyond its 2020 deadline to December 31, 2030 (On Assembly Floor).
AB 674 – Election Day Holiday (Joint Author)
- Makes the day of the general election a state holiday (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 1008 – “Ban the Box” (Joint Author)
- Prohibits employers from asking about an applicant’s criminal history on an initial application. Status: Senate Labor Committee (In Senate Labor Committee).
AB 1665 – Internet for All (Joint Author)
- Makes various changes to the California Advanced Services Fund program to provide or improve high speed internet for more Californians (In Senate Energy, Utilities and Communications Committee).
ACR 5 – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Recognizes January 16 as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Chaptered).
ACR 6 – Black History Month
- Recognizes February 2017 as Black History Month (Chaptered).