ASSEMBLYMEMBER CHRIS HOLDEN’S 2017 BILL LIST
AB 17 – Public Transportation for Students
- Establishes the Transit Pass Program to provide free or reduced cost transit passes for low-income K-12 and college students (vetoed).
AB 56 – Affordable Housing
- Clarifies projects that support housing infrastructure can receive loans from the Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (signed into law).
AB 61 – Worker’s Compensation
- Requires one seat of the State Compensation Insurance Fund to have small business ownership experience (vetoed).
AB 279 – Developmental Disabilities Service Provider Reimbursement Rates
- Extends authority to the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and Regional Centers to adjust the rates of providers to comply with legally binding local mandates and minimum wage levels across the state (held in Senate Appropriations).
AB 287 – State Route 710
- Finds a solution to the State Route 710 extension corridor between the I-10 and I-210 freeways and prohibits the construction of a freeway tunnel (two-year bill).
AB 542 – Route 66 Commemoration
- Commemorates 100th Anniversary of Route 66 (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 586 – Teacher Tax Credit
- Allows newly-credentialed teachers a tax deduction for professional development expenses to help address California’s teacher shortage (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 620 – Trauma Informed Parole Therapy
- Provides access to trauma focused therapy to youth offenders upon entry to prison and to inmates approaching their parole hearing date (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 726 – Electric Grid Regionalization
- Requires the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to accelerate procurement of wholesale renewable energy, and explores expansion of California’s power grid to create one regionalized grid with neighboring states. (Two-year bill).
AB 959 – Regional Center Vendors
- Educates parents with special needs children about their rights (signed into law).
AB 1020 – Student Loan Education
- Requires student loan lenders to better educate potential clients of the realities of their loan prior to acceptance (two-year bill).
AB 1180 – Storm Water Infrastructure Funding
- Amends the LA County Flood Control Act to authorize the LA County Flood Control District to collect revenue from a voter-approved tax to pay for projects and programs to increase storm water capture or reduce storm water and urban runoff pollution (signed into law).
AB 1239 –Electric Vehicles and Housing
- Updates building standards to include electric vehicle charging infrastructure for new multi-dwelling housing (vetoed).
AB 1413 –Decal for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Creates an optional decal, depicting the international symbol of access for hearing loss, on the registration card of individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 1567 – Foster Youth in Higher Education
- Streamlines foster youth enrollment into educational assistance programs in California Community Colleges and a California State Universities (signed into law).
AB 617 – Air Quality (Lead Author)
- Strengthens air quality provisions in areas with the worst air pollution (Signed into law with AB 398 that extends California’s Cap and Trade Program).
AB 674 – Election Day Holiday (Joint Author)
- Makes the day of the general election a state holiday (Held in Assembly Appropriations Committee).
AB 1008 – “Ban the Box” (Joint Author)
- Prohibits employers from asking about an applicant’s criminal history on an initial application. Status: Senate Labor Committee (signed into law).
AB 1665 – Internet for All (Joint Author)
- Makes various changes to the California Advanced Services Fund program to provide or improve high speed internet for more Californians (signed into law).
ACR 5 – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Recognizes January 16 as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Chaptered).
ACR 6 – Black History Month
- Recognizes February 2017 as Black History Month (Chaptered)