Engage in our community discussion on the “Los Angeles County Plan to Prevent and Combat Homelessness” (Measure H).
Saturday June 29, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Alexander Hughes Community Center
1700 Danbury Road
Claremont, CA 91711
During the San Gabriel Valley Housing and Homelessness Summit, we will discuss the promise of Measure H, which created a one-quarter of a cent sales tax to generate funds for homeless services and short-term housing. Not to mention, it will raise approximately $355 million a year over the next 10 years for Los Angeles County to fund services for homelessness prevention, mental health care, job training, and non-profit homeless service providers.
A team of expert panelists, stemming from diverse backgrounds will chime in with the importance of the Measure H policy.
Representatives to attend:
- Scott Chamberlain, San Gabriel Valley Consortium on Homelessness
- Jan Cicco, San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
- Rev. Karen Davis, City of Glendora
- Peter Lynn, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
- Chris Ko, United Way Greater Los Angeles
- Jerry Ramirez, LA County Homeless Initiative
- and a representative from Union Station Homeless Services
In addition, a legislative update on current and statewide issues that affect San Gabriel Valley will be presented.
This event is sponsored by the San Gabriel Valley Consortium on Homelessness in partnership with the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments.