As the chair of the Select Committee on Regional Transportation Solutions, I would like you to join us for a hearing on public transit interconnectivity. We will address many timely transportation issues for the region and the state. The key is to meet our ambitious environmental goals and to create vibrant and sustainable communities.
Friday, January 31
10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Ontario City Hall
303 E. B Street, Rm: TBD
Ontario, CA 91764
Sign Up Now
Local and state government officials and experts will discuss regional transit projects, airport connectivity, sustainable communities and legislative topics.
We hope you will join us to help create a better future!
Watch the live stream here - https://www.assembly.ca.gov/media/assembly-select-committee-regional-transportation-solutions-20200131/video
- Chris Holden, Chair
- Paul Leon, City of Ontario Mayor
- Select Committee Members: Assemblymembers Eloise Gomez-Reyes and Freddie Rodriguez
- Joined by Senators Connie Leyva and Susan Rubio
Panel 1: Interregional Connectivity
- Airport Authority Commentary on Rail Connections to Airport – Alan Wapner, Board President, Ontario International Airport Authority
- Impact of Rail and Airport Connectivity on Local Economies – Paul Granillo, Chief Executive Officer of Inland Empire Economic Partnership
- Interregional Rail Servicing- Todd McIntyre, Chief Strategy Officer of Metrolink
- Development of Zero Emission Passenger Rail Technology- Ray Wolfe, Executive Director of SBCTA
Panel 2: Developing Sustainable Communities
- Importance of Quality, Equity, and Affordability in the Nexus of Housing and Transportation: Suzanne Hague, Deputy Director of the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
- Role of Infrastructure and Community Engagement in Encouraging Active Transportation: Wesley Reutimann, Special Programs Director at Active San Gabriel Valley
- Goals and Vision from Local Regional Planning Agency: Kome Ajise, Executive Director at the Southern California Association of Governments
Panel 3: Connecting Sustainable Communities
- Effects of Quality Transit on Improving Equity in Vulnerable Populations: Mariana Huerta-Jones, Campaign & Communications Manager of ACT-LA
- Potential Impacts from a Statewide Student Transit Pass Program: Gloria Ohland, Director of Policy and Communications at MoveLA
- Regional Bus Programs to Improve Accessibility to Educational Institutions:
- Erin Rogers, Chief Executive Officer of OmniTrans
- Michael Turner, Deputy Executive Officer of Government Relations at Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Closing Remarks Chair and Committee Members
- Public Comment