Young Legislators Program - 2019
The Young Legislators Program is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that offers high school seniors in the 41st Assembly District a front row seat to the public policy and political arena. During the six month program, students will meet once a month to become better advocates on issues they care about, gain valuable leadership skills, and learn about the legislative process. The program concludes with a free trip to northern California to visit the facebook headquarters and the State Capitol.
- High school seniors with at least a 2.5 unweighted GPA or higher
- Must live or go to school in the 41st Assembly District.
- Commit to five monthly, 3-4 hour Saturday meetings and 2-day trip in June to Northern California (Entire program is free of cost)
- Tentative Schedule for 2019:
- Session one - Saturday, January 12 (Program Kickoff at Rosebowl)
- Session two - Saturday, February 9th (Organizing for Change on Campus)
- Session three - Saturday March 16th (The Future of Transportation)
- Session four - Saturday April 20th (California's Infrastructure)
- Session five - Saturday May 18th (Science and Technology)
- Session six - Monday, June 17th and Tuesday, June 18 (Trip to Facebook and State Capitol)
The deadline for applying is November 21st.
Contact: Cat Del Rosario
600 N. Rosemead Blvd., Suite 117
Pasadena, CA 91107-1917